Let’s be honest. You currently have it or at one point have had it. The itch all of us women get to carry, birth, and raise a child. When you have this itch it’s hard when all you see are tweets, updates, pins, texts, emails, pics, etc. of the next “friend” of yours with child. Often this itch is accompanied with a husband who just looks at you and says with his eyes, “I don’t think so.”
Frankly, what makes this itch so appealing? Is it the morning sickness, sleepless nights, hip pain, weird cravings? I don’t know, maybe it’s just in our nature, but here are my top reasons why I like pregnancy. I have compiled this list only because I do I have the itch and there’s something marvelous about being pregnant! (And I am currently receiving the husband “look”).
(From least favorite to greatest)
5. Food. You want a cheeseburger? Sure! A large sundae? Of course! One of the greatest things about being pregnant is eating what you want. Now of course you need to eat healthy for you and the baby (all in moderation), but there’s something about the freedom of when you have a craving, you can eat it without feeling so guilty of the calories. When I’m pregnant I don’t feel the urge to go work off that dessert I ate one too many of. Oh, how lovely.
4. Clothes. Maternity clothes are so cute. It’s so fun to go pick out a new little something because your belly is growing. It’s fun to see all the cute styles and how several women are making non-maternity clothes look awesome! Shopping always makes us feel better and finding something to show off that baby bump makes it even better! Ironically, if maternity shopping makes you depressed, just go eat something (see number 5). That works too! hehe
3. Perks. Pregnancy perks are awesome. “Oh you are pregnant, let me pick that up for you. ..Let me carry that for you!…You need a better seat on this airplane? Let me massage your feet because I want to. Sure honey, I’ll go get that frozen yogurt for you, even though it’s 10 o’clock.” Can you think of anything better than people wanting to lavish you??
2. Movement. I couldn’t not put this in the list. Baby movement is just awesome. Kicking, rolling, punching. Just laying in your bed imagining what your baby is doing is incredible. Period.
1. Your chest. I originally wanted to write an entire post on this number 1. I’m pretty passionate about this one! After 2 kids, both being breastfed, I miss the perky sisters. Thankfully I have found a bra that can give off the appearance that there’s something still there, but if we all are honest we would say having a pregnancy chest is great for our self-esteem. I dream of the day where they rise ( don’t mind my pun) to the occasion and give me that confidence I crave. Perkiness is where it’s at. I miss perky.
I’d love to hear things you miss about being pregnant or currently enjoy. Even if you are finished having kids, I’m sure there are things you do miss! If you have the itch, like I do, let’s not let the social media world turn us crazy but help us to remember all the blessed things we do have! That itch won’t be there forever!